Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Cookies

I feel like I abandoned my blog.  I just got it started, and then disappeared for a while.  Sorry about that.  Things got a little hectic for a bit.  We decided to go to Alabama to see friends and family for Spring Break, and on top of that, I decided to make cookies to take with me.  It takes 2-3 days to make a batch of cookies; the icing has to have time to dry before you put it in a bag or it's a big mess (trust me on this one, I speak from personal experience).
So anyway, here are some more cookies I've made recently.  And since today is St. Patrick's Day, I have to start with the shamrock cookies...







Here are some cupcakes and zebra print cookies I made for Natalie's Birthday:


Below are Breast Cancer Ribbon cookies; I was trying out a different chocolate cookie recipe and thought they would be fun to make.

And last, I made cookies shaped like Massachusetts.  Natalie had to do a state report and got Massachusetts.  As luck would have it, their state cookie is chocolate chip and I found a cookie cutter shaped like the state and had a chocolate chip recipe I wanted to try out.  So here they are:

They were pretty tasty in the end, but that little boot piece was a pain to get out of the cookie cutter, especially if a chocolate chip happened to be in that part of the dough.

I've really enjoyed making cookies and now find myself looking for reasons to make more.  I really should be working on hair bows for upcoming craft shows, but instead, I want to make cookies.  :-)  Guess that just means that I picked the appropriate name for my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment